2.03.2010

StillStream




A while ago I was growing tired of my music and how I had to constantly monitor it to ensure I was listening to anything good. It was also my exam period and I needed to have some music without it being too distracting. So out of desperation I googled "ambient radio" and one of the first links I found was StillStream.

Stillstream is nothing short of the best ambient internet radio station I've ever heard. It's 24/7 and year round, with almost no talking! Best of all is the fact that all the music is mixed to a certain degree, so you don't ever have to endure another abrupt end to a song as is normal on most radio stations. It also has 6 different ways of connecting to the radio, so even for the picky people it should suffice.

The music itself is usually very very good. Sometimes a few songs are questionable or bad enough that I need to pause it for 5 minutes. But I figure if you're playing music all year long that a few bad songs will sneak their way into the playlist. The one weird thing I once witnessed late at night while I was studying was some guy talking about "pushing the envelope" and all this other jazz, like ambient listeners are really going to get off their couches and change the world or something. That guy would be better off co-hosting a hardcore radio station.

All in all, very good radio station, if you like ambient at all definitively check it out. I can highly recommend for anyone needing to study, unless your one of those people that works best listening to punk rock at 90dB's (which by the way, is fucking loud).

No comments:

Post a Comment